You hear a lot of crazy and conflicting information in the muscle building and fitness realm. The following article will help you separate fact from fiction.
1) You must eat every 2.5 to 3 hours or you will fail to build muscle and/or lose muscle.
2) You must use a training split; full body workouts are inferior.
3) Your can’t handle more than 30 grams of protein at one sitting. The rest goes to waste.
4) If you don’t eat immediately after lifting your will miss the golden window of opportunity and lose or minimize gains.
5) Women who lift heavy will build massive amounts on muscle mass and look disgusting.
6) Endless crunches and sit ups will carve out six pack abs.
7) Adding more volume (sets and exercises) and frequency is the magic key to unlocking muscle gains.
8) You must do endless amounts of cardio to lose weight.
9) Half squats are better for your knees than deep squats.
10) You must have amazing genetics to build an impressive amount of size and strength.
11) You must hit a muscle from every possible angle to build great size.
12) If you don’t change workouts frequently, your gains will stall.
13) You can build an impressive amount of muscle mass without dramatically improving your current strength levels.
14) To build impressive arms you must work both triceps and biceps with 12-24 direct sets per week.
15) You can spot reduce impressive amounts of fat via exercise.
16) Athletes do not need extra daily protein, only those looking to build muscle need extra protein.
17) People who workout hard do not need extra daily protein, only those looking to build muscle need extra protein.
18) You can’t build a big back without deadlifts.
19) You can’t build a big chest without the flat bench press.
20) A natural bodybuilder can get as big as an enhanced bodybuilder if they only work hard enough.
21) High protein diets are bad for your health and will destroy your kidneys.
22) Creatine is bad for you and will destroy your kidneys.
23) Creatine is a steroid.
24) Protein is protein.
25) You must carry around a lot of extra fat to be strong.
26) Somewhere out there exists a perfect, magic muscle building routine.
27) Beef gives you heart disease, high cholesterol, strokes, heart attacks, high blood pressure and clogs your arteries.
28) All gym trainers know how to help you gain muscle.
29) All supplement companies are snake oil salesmen, and only want your money.
30) All possible benefits for any given supplement are fabricated lies or exaggerations.
31) Bench Press form can be mastered in a couple of months.
32) A gallon of milk a day (GOMAD) is an outdated bulking idea.
33) Women shouldn’t train like men.
34) If you exercise, you can eat whatever you want at all times and not get fat.
35) Eggs are a bad/unhealthy food choice.
36) Whole milk is a bad/unhealthy food choice.
37) Men and women can train with light weights and “tone”.
38) You are automatically a hardgainer because you aren’t making progress.
39) You should trust all online advice if it sounds intelligent.
40) You can’t build muscle without high intensity techniques like drop sets, supersets, etc.
41) Fruit is bad for you.
42) Protein shakes are magic weight gain drinks.
43) Protein shakes are magic weight loss drinks.
44) Eating healthy means you never need food supplements.
45) You don’t need to supplement with omega-3 fatty acids because the human body makes them on its own.
46) You must work out every day.
47) If you train one second over 60 minutes your body becomes catabolic.
48) Extra muscle slows you down.
49) Extra muscle makes you less flexible.
50) You must feel a burn to achieve a good workout.
51) Sports drinks are better for you than water or a whey protein shake.
52) Muscles can be shaped using isolation exercises.
53) Muscle mass automatically means a lifter has good health.
54) Lifting super slow is the only way/best way to build muscle.
55) Machine exercises are completely useless.
56) Isolation exercises are completely useless.
57) Stretching lowers your chance of injury.
58) A vegetarian diet is far more healthy than a diet that includes meat.
59) You don’t need to change your eating habits if you exercise.
60) Workout pain equals a good workout.
61) You shouldn’t workout if you are sore.
62) Using a bicycle is a fast track to building bigger legs.
63) Running is an acceptable replacement for a resistance-focused leg workout.
64) You can lose your love handles with abs exercises.
65) Short workouts aren’t beneficial.
67) How you feel will always determine how you perform.
68) Cholesterol is bad for you.
69) Eating at night makes you fat.
70) You should lose your excess fat before beginning a resistance training workout routine.
71) Everything your doctor tells you about health and fitness is 100% correct.
72)Believing all muscle building, fitness and diet exerts are truly experts.